whistling noise coming from intake on Resmed S8 Autoset 2

This area is for CPAP Mask and CPAP Machine Related Questions used in the treatment of Sleep Apnea.

whistling noise coming from intake on Resmed S8 Autoset 2

Postby Bruster » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:26 am

I have been using cpaps for 20 years. 6 months ago I purchased a new Resmed S8 Auto set 2. When I first hooked up, I was amazed at how quiet it was. This is not the case anymore, it started making a soft whistling noise coming from the air intake( where the filter is) . The noise changes as you breathe in and out. It is getting to the point now where its irritating. I have removed the humidifier, changed masks etc, but the noise stays. I just sent it back to the supplier and am waiting for it to return. It has 1900 hrs on it now. Does anyone else share this issue? My supplier says its uncommon.
Bruster

Same Problem.

Postby jmoore125 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:03 pm

I have the same problem with my ResMed (same model). It's a great machine but started whistling a few months ago and I had to turn it off last night. it has 2,700 hours.

I'm good with appliances and was hoping to find instructions on how to fix it myself.
jmoore125

Postby Bruster » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:09 pm

I am on my third one , now, I keep sending them back for warranty, even the newest one is starting now, about 300 hrs on it. I guess its nature of the beast, I talked to resmed about it and they say its a noisy bearing, I wont be buying a resmed next time. Come to think of it, I had a puritan bennet goodnight and it whistled too.
Bruster

• Site Supporter

Return to CPAP Mask, Machine, & Monitoring Treatment Questions