• Site Supporter

I feel strange today.

This area is for discussion of Sleep Studies used in the evaluation of Sleep Apnea.

I feel strange today.

Postby poorflick » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:38 pm

I had my titration study last night. Pressure that got my ahi to 0 was 12. Unfortunately, the mask I was using resmed quatro full face leaked a little during the night. I was just diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a little over a week ago after doing an all-nighter for the first sleep study test. Today I feel a little strange. I woke up tired but it wasn't like the tired I had known before. I didn't have a headache and didn't have that overall blah feeling. I am just tired. I am not looking forward to tonight knowing that I will wake up in pain and foggy again. How long does it normally take to go from sleep study to actually having the machine in my home?
poorflick

Postby cowlypso » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:02 pm

It took about 2 weeks after my titration study to get my machine. The doctor's office took 14 days to read the study and write the prescription. Then I called the DME on a Thursday and they got me in Monday morning to get my machine.

During this waiting time, you want to research your options. Find out what DMEs participate with your insurance company. Research the difference between a compliance-data-only machine and a full-data machine.
PR System One REMstar Auto set as CPAP at 8
Opus 360 nasal pillows
cowlypso

Postby poorflick » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Thank you. Yeah, I have been doing a lot of research for the past 3 weeks. I definitely want a full-data machine and to be able to have my choice of masks and the option of changing it if I don't like it. This has been a roller-coaster ride I am sure most people here know what I mean) and I just can't wait for my life to start over again. I think it's a little cruel of the docs to give a person a taste of whats to come and then make them wait weeks to feel better again. I guess since i've been dealing with it for years a couple of more weeks won't hurt. lol
poorflick

• Site Supporter