Titration-moved abdominal belt downward. Affect results?

This area is for discussion of Sleep Studies used in the evaluation of Sleep Apnea.

Titration-moved abdominal belt downward. Affect results?

Postby newone » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Hello,

I just got titrated last night. At high pressure, my upper abdomen hurt. The tech moved the abdominal belt downward to try to make me more comfortable because I could not go back to sleep. Would this affect titration results?

Thanks in advance!
newone

Re: Titration-moved abdominal belt downward. Affect results

Postby pamsyflower1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi newone...If it did, I would think that they would know. Of greater concern is the fact that the higher pressure made your abdomen hurt. Some of us swallow air at the higher pressures and it sometimes becomes quite an issue for us. Make sure you communicate your discomforts to your sleep doc. They are important.
pamsyflower1

Machine: Respironics System One Auto A flex
Mask: Resmed Quattro FX For Her Medium
Humidifier: heated humidifier
Year Diagnosed: 2012

Postby newone » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Thank you for responding, pamseyflower1, and sorry for the huge delay. I experienced really bad pain right under my boobs in my upper abdomen. Felt the pain go through to my back. I had to sit up because the pain was so bad. Asked for inhaler because I thought (desperate to get rid of the pain) it might be a bad asthma attack, but because I had not brought any, they could not give me any. I could not go back to sleep for a loooong time. It was so bad, I thought I was going to have to rip off the wires and go home. Does this sound like pain from aerophagia?
newone

Postby pamsyflower1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi newone...glad you are back! This could have been aerophagia...or could have been your muscles learning how to cope with the unaccustomed CPAP pressures...or perhaps something else. Make sure that you ask your sleep doc/RRT (respiratory therapist) about this. Titration means sleep-deprivation for most of us who go there, but they get good data from it anyway. What did yours reveal? Are you now on CPAP? Are you doing OK? Ask lots of questions...and study the posts in this Forum. You will find much support here. Good luck to you, friend!
pamsyflower1

Machine: Respironics System One Auto A flex
Mask: Resmed Quattro FX For Her Medium
Humidifier: heated humidifier
Year Diagnosed: 2012

• Site Supporter