ResMed S9 Auto Pressure Change

This area is for CPAP Mask and CPAP Machine Related Questions used in the treatment of Sleep Apnea.


ResMed S9 Auto Pressure Change

Postby mwitkowskismith » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:47 pm

I have been using my ResMed S9 AutoSet with H5i humidifier for 1 year. I love it. I have a new life. For the last 8 mos my daily pressure readings usually register between 9.6 and 9.8. Recently, the pressure on my machine felt weirdly low and I checked it several times in the middle of the night over several nights. The readings were between 6.4 and 8.2 averaging much lower than usual. My good ol' headaches seem to be bothering me again. I don't know if these are related. First question. Are the pressure readings averages, highs or lows. Today's reading is as follows:

Pressure 8.2
Leak - 0
AHI 0.5
Total AI 0.1
Central AI 0.0

Are my needs changing, does the machine need looking into? I called my DME about checking the machine. Their response was that there are no reported problems with that machine. The doctor needs to adjust your settings. What do you think?
mwitkowskismith
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Postby Janknitz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:59 pm

How do they know there are "no reported problems with the machine"--are they referring to S9 autos in general or your machine in particular?

It may be just a function of the auto-adjustment within your set pressure range, or the machine may be malfunctioning. But your AHI is right where it should be IF the machine is working correctly.
Phillips Respironics System One Auto A-flex and Humidifier
Encore Viewer 2.0 Software
Swift FX
Janknitz
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:05 pm

APAP pressure reading

Postby mwitkowskismith » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Thank you for the quick response. Do you know if pressure readings are averages or highs over the last 24 hrs?
mwitkowskismith
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Postby CrohnieToo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 pm

The reported data are for that night's use. Your local DME provider SHOULD check pressure output via a manometer at your request, at least once a year as part of routine maintenance. Check your User's Manual, highlight that paragraph and take it and your S9 in to your DME provider and point it out to them.
ResScan 3.10 - Resmed S8 ResLink & oximeter
ConTec CMS-50D+ oximeter - Philips EverFlo 5L Oxygen Concentrator
PR SystemOne BPAP Auto w/Bi-Flex & Humidifier - EncorePro 2.2.14.0
User avatar
CrohnieToo
 
Posts: 7943
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Mid-Michigan
Machine: Resmed S8 VPAP Auto
Mask: Resmed Quattro FX Small
Humidifier: Resmed H3i
Year Diagnosed: 2006

Re: APAP pressure reading

Postby trebons » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:08 am

mwitkowskismith wrote:Thank you for the quick response. Do you know if pressure readings are averages or highs over the last 24 hrs?


It is the 95% percentile pressure that means that you have stayed at that pressure and lower for 95% of the time that you were in bed and at higher pressure for the other 5% of the time .
Why don,t try to get the software it gives you a bit more information if you are interested it is free and it is for the patient to monitor own therapy .
trebons
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:44 am
Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask: Nasal



  • Site Supporter

Return to CPAP Mask, Machine, & Monitoring Treatment Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests