• Site Supporter

Resmed S7 CPAP

This area is for CPAP Mask and CPAP Machine Related Questions used in the treatment of Sleep Apnea.

Resmed S7 CPAP

Postby EnglishEric » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Hello, I purchased a second hand Resmed S7 Elite CPAP machine recently from an American supplier and after a few weeks it arrived in the UK - the machine is great and has less than 30 hours use on it BUT it came without either a User's Manual or Clinician's Manual and minus the important Pressure Sensor Adapter. Because of these shortcomings I am unable to use it yet and wonder if anyone can help point me in the right direction - I have no trouble with the American power cable. Perhaps somebody who is familiar with this machine can help me, I need to change the pressure which I cannot identify but it is high and although the machine starts it shuts down after a few seconds presumably because of the missing Pressure Sensor Adapter. I usually use a Resprionics Auto and my average pressure (smart card) is 6.5 which is low but life saving. I would appreciate any help.
EnglishEric

Postby SleepyToo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Probably not what you want to hear, but you may be out of luck. A quick search for parts for Resmed S7 cpap showed 3200 hits. However, the user manual states that there are no user serviceable parts inside. Repairs and internal servicing should only be performed by an authorized service agent.

So, I figure it is unlikely that you will find the parts anywhere on the internet and if you did there would be no instructions. Further, you would need to have professional help in checking that the pressure was indeed correct. So my recommendation would be to find a Resmed service agent in your country and have them set it up for your prescription. Probably cheaper than a new machine, I would think, but you would need to ask them for an estimate to see if it was worth it. The technology has come a long way since the s7.
SleepyToo
Philadelphia Area
Diagnosed September 2009, Respironics System One w/ C-flex and humidifier
Aloha nasal pillows
Not a medical professional, just a patient with severe OSA (31) who has done a lot of reading.
SleepyToo

Machine: PR System One
Mask: Resmed Swift FX
Humidifier: Yes, integral with PRS1
Year Diagnosed: 2009

second hand CPAP

Postby truckerdad57 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:41 pm

I also would be suspectious of an American vendor that even sold you a second hand CPAP.

American regulations through our FDA prohibit the sale of used durable medical equipment such as a CPAP.

Looks like the vendor may have been getting around more than a missing sensor selling a unit to you in the UK.
(just a truck driver with sleep apnea)
Co-coordinator Truckers for a Cause Chapter of A. W. A. K. E.
awake.truckersforacause.com
Do not substitute information from here for professional medical advise.
truckerdad57

Machine: CPAP tester, you name it I've got 1
Mask: tend to like nasal pillow
Humidifier: YES - must have
Year Diagnosed: 2002

Second Hand CPAP

Postby EnglishEric » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:35 am

Thank you both for your responses, I think I have wasted my money and I have put it out of sight in the garage in case I am tempted to spend more money on what is really outdated technology. Thanks again. Eric
EnglishEric

Postby nosbig » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:18 pm

I am not familiar with the Pressure Sensor Adapter. But I do know that my S7 Spirit shuts down after a few seconds of non-use
(gross leaking). Have sent you an Email which may help you find help.
nosbig

Resmed S7 Elite CPAP

Postby EnglishEric » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Hello Nosbig, thanks for the email, it is appreciated very much, you may have solved me a lot of money. Eric
EnglishEric

• Site Supporter

Return to CPAP Mask, Machine, & Monitoring Treatment Questions