Rescan software for Resmed S9

This area is for CPAP Mask and CPAP Machine Related Questions used in the treatment of Sleep Apnea.

Rescan software for Resmed S9

Postby Steves396lt1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Just a simple question about compliance. My old Puritan Bennet machine had buttons you could push to see hours in use and Compliance hours. The software I am suing for the RESMED S9 only shows hours used and there is a compliance mark for 4 hours. But there is nothing saying hours used vs compliance. I am using it the whole night. One evening it showed mask evens where it was off for a few minutes.
But, if it says I am using it for 8 hours, how many of those are compliance hours..?
Steves396lt1

Re: Rescan software for Resmed S9

Postby robysue » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:40 pm

"Compliance" is defined as using the machine for at least four hours per night. That's why there's a mark in the ResScan software at four hours.

Any night you use the machine for more than four hours counts as a "compliant' night.

Any night you use the machine for less than four hours counts as a "non-compliant" night.

Any night you don't use the machine at all counts as a "machine not used night" as well as a "non-compliant" night.
current settings Min EPAP = 4, Max IPAP = 8 and Rise time = 3

8/1/2010 sleep study results:
AHI = 3.9 [AHI = (#OA +#CA + #H w/desat) per hour]
RDI = 23.4 [RDI = (#OA +CA + #H w/desat + #H w/arousal) per hour]
Dx: Moderate OSA
robysue

Machine: PR System One BiPAP Auto
Mask: Swift FX for Her
Humidifier: System One Heated Humidif
Year Diagnosed: 2010

Postby Steves396lt1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Okay, but on my old machine, it waited I beleive 20 minutes before compliance was actually started for compliance. This new one seems to start as soon as you put the mask on, vice waiting for you to be asleep?
Steves396lt1

Postby robysue » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:37 pm

My guess is the old machine was waiting for the ramp to finish before starting the compliance hours. I think most of the modern machines don't bother with that. It may be that folks (the manufacturers, the DMEs, the docs, and the insurance companies) have all come to realize that it is better to find a way to pay for the machine for a patient who is having some adjustment problems and work on getting them fully compliant (in the sense of sleeping with the machine 100% of the time) rather than bean counting whether the "4 hours" were at full therapy pressure or not.
current settings Min EPAP = 4, Max IPAP = 8 and Rise time = 3

8/1/2010 sleep study results:
AHI = 3.9 [AHI = (#OA +#CA + #H w/desat) per hour]
RDI = 23.4 [RDI = (#OA +CA + #H w/desat + #H w/arousal) per hour]
Dx: Moderate OSA
robysue

Machine: PR System One BiPAP Auto
Mask: Swift FX for Her
Humidifier: System One Heated Humidif
Year Diagnosed: 2010

Postby Steves396lt1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Makes sense. Thanks. This machine is easier to work. I have had full sleep every night with it. The last machine wasnt very freindly, and it was noisy.
Also, my AHI was 3.7 the first night, and lowest has been 1.8. Compared to mid nines with my sleep study without cpap.
Steves396lt1

• Site Supporter