FAQ · Search

Mobile Site | Full Site

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
| Download as PDF |

what is the titration test?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:14 pm Post
I started the pap last monday and now I have to go for a titration test?....can anyone tell me what that is and what it's like?
Last post

Re: what is the titration test?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:58 pm Post
That's the part of the study where they test you while using the cpap.

Did you have an overnight sleep study already? One they tested you sleeping but with no cpap and mask?
Sleep studies are typically two studies. The first is the baseline study, where they test to see if you have the condition and if yes, the severity and other information about the condition. The second study tests you on cpap to determine the best pressure for your cpap and to see how well your condition improves using it.

But sometimes they have patients use the auto cpap. It could be done for different reasons. One reason is if during the first study, it seems the condition is particularly severe and it could take time to give you a full overnight titration study, they might order you the temporary use of an auto cpap, which varies the pressure to suit your needs. In other words, they haven't yet determined the right pressure for you, but in this way you can be treated until they do. The auto cpap can also be used as a titration study, to determine the best pressure for your cpap. Most patients are not ordered an auto cpap as their permanent machine. Some are, but must are not. Sometimes they will give the patient an auto cpap following the titration study, temporarily, if they had trouble determining a good pressure during the titration.

Linda

Re: what is the titration test?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:42 pm Post
thanks for the info... yes I had the study done without the machine. now I have an auto pap so I guess the next one will be to get the settings right. in the mean time finding a mask is turning out to be a task...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic

Users browsing this forum: Abigaildwt, dneknsoqp, Fifacoinqfue, gjagnhuc, gjdwtvse, gjeebfyg, gjelkppp, gjhpbtkt, gjjtjlsf, gjjuslbp, gjkpqjnq, gjnxqnhd, gjotqyxt, gjoxmmhn, gjpjzxeo, gjrmryey, gjvniqyi, gjwsjixo, gjyphgwx, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, gvxewmgoh, hvrmjxfsd, Impubcusetems, jvtqcrbmb, MachTuseheeks, nirsoiuttzxj, pptkfwfge, Quixsitiots, svhmxdems, tlsvdyhoi, tzbktlkdg, urdrokijq, UsefsWemcreew, wqpixupwd, zyqbhcscm and 3 guests

Search for
Jump to