Strange events on waveform chart?

This area is for Sleep Apnea questions and general Sleep Apnea Discussions.

Strange events on waveform chart?

Postby DougVK » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:39 pm

What are these strange events on the waveform that I circled in black? I think they are arousal, but there is nothing to cause them. No pressure changes at the time they happen, no apnea or hypopnea when most of them happen. They also look like hyperventilation events.
DougVK

Postby Vicki » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:23 pm

We are not professionals here. Therefore no one here should be interpeting raw data of which there are probably several explanations for the results. This data isn't even labeled with the leads it refers to. We do help people understand their final sleep study report after it has been interpeted by, what we hope, is a competent physician however.

Vicki
Last edited by Vicki on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

That which does not kill you makes you stronger-Friedrich Nietzsche
Friedrich must of had apnea.
Vicki

Machine: DeVilbiss IntelliPAP
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Flexifit 431
Humidifier: Rarely as needed
Year Diagnosed: 1999

Postby DougVK » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Vicki wrote:What lead does this go with?

Sorry what do you mean by lead?
DougVK

Postby cowlypso » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:28 pm

He's showing the flow data recorded by his CPAP. It's respiratory. You can see the "lpm" on the scale on the left.
PR System One REMstar Auto set as CPAP at 8
Opus 360 nasal pillows
cowlypso

Postby Vicki » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Oh, got it, it looked like 1PM to me.

Vicki
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

That which does not kill you makes you stronger-Friedrich Nietzsche
Friedrich must of had apnea.
Vicki

Machine: DeVilbiss IntelliPAP
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Flexifit 431
Humidifier: Rarely as needed
Year Diagnosed: 1999

Postby DougVK » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Here is the one prior if it helps.

The orange box I am awake and the red box is when I am a sleep.
DougVK

Postby smrainyday » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:44 pm

i have absolutly no clue how to read these charts but i know that i have many arousals that are spontaneous and do not corilate with any respritory event... so if they are arousals, which im not saying they are or arent, they could just be spontaneos arousals. it could be from insomnia which mine are probably from but im not sure... ive never spoken to my sleep dr about these arousals and he never mentioned them to me...
smrainyday

• Site Supporter