• Site Supporter

Wrestler Eddie "Umaga" Fatu dies at 36, may have h

This is the forum for off topic discussions.

Wrestler Eddie "Umaga" Fatu dies at 36, may have h

Postby LoriPA » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:37 pm

Source: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/12849630

WWE would like to express its deepest condolences to Mr. Fatu’s family, friends and fans on his tragic passing. Mr. Fatu was under contract with WWE at various time periods and most recently performed under the name "Umaga." Mr. Fatu's contract was terminated on June 11, 2009.

Before Fatu's death was officially announced, announcer Jim Ross posted this in his blog:

Details are very sketchy regarding the condition of Umaga (Eddie Fatu) who, as I write this is in ICU of a Houston hospital. Some say that Umaga may have had a massive heart attack but that has not been confirmed. He fell asleep and his wife apparently was unable to wake him. From all I read about sleep apnea, I have been diagnosed with it myself, it may be possible that Umaga had an undiagnosed case of sleep apnea which puts huge stress on one's heart because one stops breathing many times for several seconds every hour one sleeps. I stopped breathing over 40 times in one hour when I under went my sleep study. Please keep Umaga in your prayers. He was a very skilled, big man but more importantly he is a father and a husband

Just sad. I think football player Reggie White also passed from similar circumstances. :(
Scratching away the apnea!
LoriPA

• Site Supporter

Return to Late Night With Sleep Apnea