Side-by-Side Comparison of Major Health Care Reform Proposal

Read Only -- Contact Moderators to suggest interesting links

Side-by-Side Comparison of Major Health Care Reform Proposal

Postby efgrandi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:14 pm

Side-by-Side Comparison of Major Health Care Reform Proposals - Kaiser Family Foundation

http://www.kff.org/healthreform/sidebyside.cfm

Take this opportunity to speak to your Member of Congress and let them know how you feel about healthcare reform.
efgrandi

Postby CrohnieToo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:30 pm

I really do hate to see so many references to the Kaiser foundation when it comes to health care reform. While they may hold down costs I see so many complaints of shoddy healthcare by Kaiser facilities ..... I'm glad the reformers also refer to Mayo Clinic as an example and wish they relied MORE on Mayo and LESS on Kaiser when coming up w/their reform package. One almost never sees a complaint regarding Mayo health care and our experience has always been that Mayo is cheaper than our local health care facilites and provides better care.
ResScan 3.10 - Resmed S8 ResLink & oximeter
ConTec CMS-50D+ oximeter - Philips EverFlo 5L Oxygen Concentrator
PR SystemOne BPAP Auto w/Bi-Flex & Humidifier - EncorePro 2.2.14.0
CrohnieToo

Machine: Resmed S8 VPAP Auto
Mask: Resmed Quattro FX Small
Humidifier: Resmed H3i
Year Diagnosed: 2006

Re: Side-by-Side Comparison of Major Health Care Reform Prop

Postby toniflour » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:35 pm

I have only been on this board for a few weeks and don't know if this response will be posted or is appropriate since the original is so old. I am still trying to figure out how to move about the board.
But as both a past employee and patient of Kaiser Permanent I could write a book. And please be aware that only half of the Kaiser Permanent is a not for profit.
Many times, while being sleep deprived, I have had to plead/beg for some type of assistance, knowlege and understanding. I think for the most part, most staff is just lacking in in-depth knowledge and understanding, and for the most part I was just quickly and quietly being brushed off felling like some how it was just me.
There are some good people in Kaiser; it can work for some people, but the system surely let me down.
Angela
toniflour

Machine: resmed escape II
Mask: resmed ultra mirage full face
Humidifier: yes
Year Diagnosed: 2004

• Site Supporter

Return to Interesting Links