• Site Supporter

Philips Respironics Nuance users?

This area is for CPAP Mask and CPAP Machine Related Questions used in the treatment of Sleep Apnea.

Philips Respironics Nuance users?

Postby NoseHose » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:35 pm

I stopped at my DME last week to pick up a replacement machine for my 17,000 hour old S8 Escape, and I walked out with the new machine and an order for the Philips Respironics Nuancenasal pillow. If it works as good as it feels on, it will be a definite improvement over my 6+ year old Mirage Swift II. It's a very new release, but I was wondering if there are any users of it on the forum? Unlike the silicone cones of current nasal pillows mask, this one features round gel disks that press against the nares to make what seems to be a very good seal. The manifold is much smaller than my Swift II, and the mask hose is real supple and flexible. I hope to pick it up in a few weeks.
"My life was restarted on June 29th, 2007"
63 yr. male
pre-CPAP apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) of 64
Prescribed for a 6 but I like to fool with things, and prefer 7
NoseHose

Machine: Resmed S8 w/ over 11,000 hours
Mask: Resmed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: Yes
Year Diagnosed: 2007

Re: Philips Respironics Nuance users?

Postby Cpapsavedme » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Just got my first CPAP last week and tried a full mask. Didn't work. I bought the Nuance and it's the best sleep I've had in years. Very comfortable!
Cpapsavedme

Re: Philips Respironics Nuance users?

Postby NoseHose » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:10 pm

I've been using the Philips Nuance Pro mask for nearly 7 months now. It's a big improvement over my older ResMed Mirage Swift II that I had been using for the last 6 years. I really like the gel pads over the silicone cones of the Swift II. The gel pads stay firm, yet are comfortable and don't collapse like the silicone cones. I had been using a lubricant with my old mask, but with the gel pillows, I no longer need any kind of ointment around my nose. Philips is using some kind of super supple hose for the headgear. You barely know you're dragging it around when you move around in your sleep. The elastic head bands are comfy and I've got no complaints. In summation, the Philips Nuance Nasal Pro is a great nose pillow system if you're looking to replace your older mask.
"My life was restarted on June 29th, 2007"
63 yr. male
pre-CPAP apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) of 64
Prescribed for a 6 but I like to fool with things, and prefer 7
NoseHose

Machine: Resmed S8 w/ over 11,000 hours
Mask: Resmed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: Yes
Year Diagnosed: 2007

• Site Supporter

Return to CPAP Mask, Machine, & Monitoring Treatment Questions