• Site Supporter

Nose Strips

This area is for Sleep Apnea questions and general Sleep Apnea Discussions.

Nose Strips

Postby sun123 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:05 am

Anyone use Breathe Right with CPAP? I bought them during my procastination of sleep study but the strip instruction warning set me straight. They did help though with just plain old breathing. My thumb and finger stretching both sides of nose apart has the same affect.

So I wondered about strips with CPAP. The worrier in me imagines it being loosened with the humidifier moisture and it dropping into the bottom of my nose mask where I inhale it and choke. Just the risk of it has prevented me from even trying, plus my CPAP works fine.

But I do wonder.

I noticed there is also a Chin Up Strip.
SUN
sun123

Postby Bearded One » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:48 am

I have heard people say that Breathe Right strips help them while using CPAP, I don't see a difference unless I have a cold. The only possible problem that I see is that with some masks the strips may interfere with the seal. I very much doubt that humidity or condensation is going make them fall off. Even if the strip did fall down and block your nostrils (which I don't think is possible), you will wake up. Note to self: Play with a Breath Right strip and see if there is any possible way to block nostrils with strip.

The adhesive on the tan strips is MUCH better than the adhesive on the clear strips, also it helps if you wash the oils off of your nose and face before putting on the strip.
Bearded One

Postby Mickie513 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:35 pm

I use them with the Swift nasal pillows. When I went in for titration they gave me a one to use.
Mickie513

Postby ALFRED » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:52 pm

I use it with my CPAP, no problem, I feel better, it do not interfere with my gel mask.
I just started with teh CPAP a week ago and I have good days and regular to bad days , I have not idea, maybe it takes few weeks to get the results ????
ALFRED

• Site Supporter