mouthpiece vs. CPAP

This forum is for the discussion of approved dental devices.

• Site Supporter

mouthpiece vs. CPAP

Postby danibm » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:49 pm

hi, i'm new around here & wondering why some of the folks in the general sleep apnea help area seem to lean so strongly towards CPAP over oral devices? i have been told i have mild to mod apnea & that a mouthpiece could be helpful, i really dont' want to have to use the machine. so any idea why some seem to push towards CPAP? it's not in the CPAP area that this is happening, it's in the main general area of the forum & cant figure out why there seems to be a bias?
danibm

Dental device why not?

Postby papahemi » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:36 pm

I sent you a PM. If you have questions you can post them on this board or PM me. There are alot of successful dental OSA therapy individuals here. There are also those that fail dental device therapy. Just like xpap with the mask some people have great success and some don't. Some have success with surgical options and some fail. The main thing to remember is "DON'T QUIT TRYING!!!!!" Its your health and your body. Explore all options with experienced professional guidance. There are a lot of great experts with an abundance of knowledge to help you on this forum. There is also a lot of personal opinions and baised preferences.
papahemi

Postby danibm » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:17 pm

thank you very much for your responses. they are very helpful.
i totally understand that some things work for some & others don't & it's a very individual thing.
i will not give up, my health is too important to me.
i absolutely will explore all possibilities.
i have gotten a lot of help here & i have gotten some not so helpful opinions as well.
thank you again.
danibm

• Site Supporter