• Site Supporter

Is it a scam?

This area is for Sleep Apnea questions and general Sleep Apnea Discussions.

Is it a scam?

Postby jimg » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:11 am

I heard a ad on the radio yesterday that asked if you have sleep apnea?my ear's
perked up,it asked if you have apnea and hate the mask?then it gave a website
{{Commercial Link Moderated, Please review Posting GUidelines}} I checked it out this morning,it is a new type of device that is a mouth
piece and has a split tube one in to each nostril,they had the usual testimonial's
of people saying how great it was ,how much better it work's then the mask,has any one heard this?has any one tried it?,is it a scam? :?:
jimg

Postby lamplighter » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:27 am

I just took a look at it. Some of those testimonials are for 1999. It is a wonder resmed or some other company who supplies cpap and mask haven't latched on to that if it is good.

I don't think I will be checking it out. For starters it looks like you will have to make you own mouthpiece by boiling something. And then you would have this peice in your mouth, which will be causing an adjustment to your jaw..I don't know about it. Let's see if others have tried it.
lamplighter

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:31 pm

There was a lot of discussion about this thing some months ago. http://www.apneasupport.org/viewtopic.php?t=1480

Brian
Brian

Machine: Remstar Auto
Mask: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: yes....Remstar heated
Year Diagnosed: 2005

Postby BARBCCRN » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:02 pm

I read the thread from a few months back. The cpappro sorta sounds similiar to the f/p oracle. Now I have been using the Oracle since July and absolutely love it but most people have a really hard time using it. I love it because it is more comfy than my old full face mask but it definitely is not issue free by no means. I have to wear silicone nose plugs nightly-that slip out after a few hours-so I actually use a couple of strips of tape to keep them in place. Once again...a small price to pay. I drool a small amount but not buckets like some people have described.
EVERY SILVER LINING HAS A TOUCH OF GREY
-Grateful Dead
BARBCCRN

Re: Is it a scam?

Postby jimfixs » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:23 pm

I do have a lot of curiosity about that Nomask but, My mouth falls open while I sleep, making it necessary to wear the chin strap. I have been trying all the masks except the nasal insert. I would think that something that fits in the mouth would drop out for me. Any thoughts on this? Jimmy
jimfixs

Machine: remstar auto 55p
Mask: comfort gel medium nasal
Humidifier: yes
Year Diagnosed: 2010

Postby MisterEast » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:30 pm

I do not like the idea of something in my mouth. I find my nasal pillow works well for me. I chose that because I did not think I would get on with a mask.
MisterEast

Postby dianebrown » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:06 am

(Repeat post) Try a cheap mouth piece from a drugstore to see if you can tolerate it.
My problem is I cannot tolerate the nasal pieces of masks.
dianebrown

• Site Supporter