• Site Supporter

Dry mouth Mask

This area is for CPAP Mask and CPAP Machine Related Questions used in the treatment of Sleep Apnea.

Dry mouth Mask

Postby smghou » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:18 pm

I have been using cpap for around 4 years now. In Jan. I had cancer Surgery to my sinus area, followed by radiation therapy and was unable to use my mask up till now. Beacuse of the radiation I have lost my saliva and have extreme dry mouth and wake every few minutes to get a drink. My Dr. says that the cpap machine may help me sleep because of the humidity. The mask I use now is the opus pillow, machine S9 Elite. My problem is after 20 minutes or so my nose clogs up so I have to breath through my mouth. I need a mask that will work with nose or mouth breathing. I am a side sleeper. Any input as to a good mask would help.
smghou

Machine: resmed s9 Elite = H5i
Mask: Opus Nasal pillow mask
Humidifier: yes
Year Diagnosed: 2008

Re: Dry mouth Mask

Postby trebons » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:04 pm

smghou wrote:My problem is after 20 minutes or so my nose clogs up so I have to breath through my mouth. I need a mask that will work with nose or mouth breathing. I am a side sleeper. Any input as to a good mask would help.

try sinus rinse. you may need a full face mask cover nose and mouth
Quattro Fx is popular but you need to try and find out for yourself. everyone is different
trebons

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask: Nasal

Postby smghou » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:51 pm

I have been using NeilMed solution since Feb. The problem is from the surgery and radiation therapy. I am going to try some masks tomorrow and was looking for some suggestions. I will give yours a try.
smghou

Machine: resmed s9 Elite = H5i
Mask: Opus Nasal pillow mask
Humidifier: yes
Year Diagnosed: 2008

Postby pamsyflower1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi...I must use a full face mask because I am a mouth breather. I have also had some nasty dry mouth and throat issues. I really like the Quattro FX. Kaiser was very careful to fit me correctly and I find this to be a very comfortable mask. The upwards lift of the mask cushion under my lower lip is helping to keep my mouth closed at night - but must confess to some drool at the corners, which will probably not be an issue for you. The only problem I've had has been some nose itch that sets in about 30 seconds after my device gets going, but have solved this by an application of clove oil into my nostrils before I put my mask on. It smell so good...and feels so good. The oil of clove that I use is actually a massage oil intended for enjoyment with one's significant other - perhaps you will find something better for you. The dry mouth and throat days are over for me. I hope it will be for you, too. Good luck!
pamsyflower1

Machine: Respironics System One Auto A flex
Mask: Resmed Quattro FX For Her Medium
Humidifier: heated humidifier
Year Diagnosed: 2012

• Site Supporter