• Site Supporter

Does the air pressure cause dizziness and nausea

This area is for Sleep Apnea questions and general Sleep Apnea Discussions.

Does the air pressure cause dizziness and nausea

Postby dannyb » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:06 pm

For the last two months I have had some weird problems with my eyes and being dizzy most of the day. I have been to every eye Dr and regular Dr and they say I am fine.( No diabetes, high blood pressure and the rest) When I wake in the morning my vision is weird (Pixalated like snow on the TV) (I don't have migraines)and I feel dizzy and nauseas. Could the forced air blowing in my nose all night cause me to get sick like this?
I have been on the machine for a year and a half and have had no problems until now. I am exploring every option. The Dr. are saying that I am going through a deep depression so they put me on pills to make me better. I am not feeling better! I have nothing to be depressed about. I sleep fine and have a great home and job.
Anyone else have the same dizzy, nauseas feeling the next day?
dannyb

I don't know, but...

Postby mkirkwag » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:06 pm

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, but I do want to clarify one thing for you: depression is not "about" anything. It's a physical problem with emotional and mental consequences. Many depressed people have great lives that should be gratifying. Also, the medication is difficult to get right - what works for one person doesn't necessary work for another - it involves a search.

That said, I've never heard of depression causing those symptoms. The medication, on the other hand... If the symptoms didn't start until after you started anti-depressants, you should go back to your psycopharmacologist and report them.

I know that's not what you asked - I think you should try your sleep doc and a neurologist, but that's just me.
mkirkwag

Postby Tom ZZZzzz » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:56 pm

Let me throw my two cents worth in .... Have you been to an ENT? Dizziness and nausea is a very possible indication you have a an inner ear infection or other inner ear problem. I have ear problems and I noticed after my first night with the CPAP ( just one night at the clinical trial) that my hearing was affected. I already have a hearing loss, bi-lateral tinnitus and poor balance, so I already struggle with this. This may be caused by the pressure going into your eustachian tubes and if you have a humidified CPAP, you could be growing some nasties up between your ears. When you start mucking with your cochlea, you start messing with your physical balance( dizziness) and this in turn affects your vision since vision and the cochlea are very inner related with our sense of balance . I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV either... If you are physically able to do this safely.. try bending on leg and hooking the other heel behind your knee ( stand on one leg) then close your eyes... You'll know if your cochlea is not giving you a good sense of balance.

PS - ( this is a Wil-dass- guess...) This could also be sinus related. If you have a deep sinus infection in the sphenoid sinus area, your optic nerve could be affected since it runs through that area. Either way.. a good ENT should be able to check you out ...

Hope this helps...
Tom ZZZzzz

• Site Supporter

Return to SLEEP APNEA HELP!