CPAP "Service Required" message

This area is for CPAP Mask and CPAP Machine Related Questions used in the treatment of Sleep Apnea.

CPAP "Service Required" message

Postby Raefffer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:39 am

Has anyone encountered any "service required" messages on the LCD screen of their CPAPs? I have been religiously using my Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex System 1 since Feb 2010. I called Peak Sleep about the issue and they said my unit was due for replacement ... unfortunately I am now out of the country. The unit is working fine, they suggested I remove the memory card to give me another year of use. For the first time tonight, I could not get the unit started ... does anyone know of any workarounds ... Peak Sleep was not helpful on the initial outreach ... and I DO need my CPAP, it truly has improved my quality of life!!
Raefffer

Re: CPAP "Service Required" message

Postby snuzyQ » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi Raefffer and welcome to the Forum.

The only workaround I know would be for you to call Peak Sleep again and let them know that you need your replacement unit ASAP, because your unit has stopped working and is due for replacement anyway. Make sure that they understand that your condition makes it imperative that you not go without your therapy. Let them know that your life depends on it. Ask them what process you must go through to get your new machine (perhaps it can be mailed to you). They may want you to return the non-functioning machine, but under these circumstances, I don't think I would allow them to delay sending me my new machine. I trust that you have health insurance...they should cover the whole nine yards.

In the meanwhile, try sleeping on your side and not on your back as this reduces apnea for most of us. Good luck to you.
Severe OSA...both hubby and me. CPAPin' through life.
PR Remstar System One with A Flex, 560P
Heated Humidifier
Swift FX For Her Nasal Pillows mask
Oral appliance for OSA and TMJ syndrome
snuzyQ

Machine: PR System One 560P
Mask: Quattro FX For Her
Humidifier: Yes
Year Diagnosed: 2012

• Site Supporter

Return to CPAP Mask, Machine, & Monitoring Treatment Questions