• Site Supporter

Broken Machine Repair

This area is for CPAP Mask and CPAP Machine Related Questions used in the treatment of Sleep Apnea.

Broken Machine Repair

Postby bierhere » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:19 pm

I had my machine fail last night with a "System Error Call Service". Has anyone else had a ResMed S8 fail? Mine was 3.5 years old and had 8000+ hrs on it. If it failed, was the DME able to fix it? I guess I was a little disappointed in how persistent I needed to get my DME to get me a loaner quickly. They wanted me to wait until Saturday ( which would have meant 3 days without treatment ). With some persistence, I got the DME to make a home visit today, they picked up my S8 and gave me a S8 II loaner. They said they would attempt to repair my PAP.
bierhere

Re: Broken Machine Repair

Postby Daniel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:59 am

bierhere wrote:I had my machine fail last night with a "System Error Call Service". Has anyone else had a ResMed S8 fail? Mine was 3.5 years old and had 8000+ hrs on it. If it failed, was the DME able to fix it? I guess I was a little disappointed in how persistent I needed to get my DME to get me a loaner quickly. They wanted me to wait until Saturday ( which would have meant 3 days without treatment ). With some persistence, I got the DME to make a home visit today, they picked up my S8 and gave me a S8 II loaner. They said they would attempt to repair my PAP.

Get a quote for any repair work....BEFORE they start. You might get a shock.

The S8 should be good for at least 5 years, if not 'abused'. They are a sturdy machine and some DMEs reckon the best 'rental' machine ever from ResMed.

In quite a few cases, a new machine can be cheaper than repairs to a old one.

Best of luck.

Daniel.
Daniel

Machine: Philips Respironics System One Auto
Mask: ResMed Micro Nasal Mask
Humidifier: No
Year Diagnosed: 1993

• Site Supporter

Return to CPAP Mask, Machine, & Monitoring Treatment Questions