Anyone using the Australian heated hose?

This area is for CPAP Mask and CPAP Machine Related Questions used in the treatment of Sleep Apnea.

• Site Supporter

Anyone using the Australian heated hose?

Postby Toren » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:57 pm

I have one on the way, but the suggested Radio Shack adapter, 273-1776, needs an "Adaptaplug" to work with the hose. The company doesn't know which one works (!!) so I was hoping someone on the forum has figured it out.
If not, I'll find out and post it after I get the hose.
Toren

Postby merlin » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:22 pm

The hose I ordered "piggy-backs" with the power cord to the CPAP machine, so you shouldn't need an adaptor.
merlin

Postby rested gal » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:18 am

Toren, Merlin is right...if it's one of the new ones it is probably coming with the "piggyback" connector and you won't need an adapter from Radio Shack.

Just a day or so ago, I ordered myself another heated hose. The one I've been using for over a year still works fine...I just want another one as a backup. I asked them to send me one with NO piggyback connector. I already have an adapter from Radio Shack and prefer to hook it up the way I'm used to.

If I were you, I'd wait until your heated hose arrives. If it doesn't have a piggyback connector, then just take the hose with you to Radio Shack. Any employee there ought to be able to select the correct tiny adapter plug to use between the DC adapter and the hose's plug. Radio Shack's "M" adapter plug is what I use with my 273-1776 DC adapter.
rested gal

Postby Toren » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:55 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think I am getting the "piggyback" version, since they've been corresponding with me regarding the adapter. I wish I'd known that version existed and if it would work with my ResMed S8, that might have been a better one for me to get. :-(

But to know it's the "M" adapter plug is great, that's just what I wanted to find out. Thanks! (^_^)
Toren

Hose Adapter

Postby cbrannon86 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:32 pm

I took the part number to radio shack and had no problem obtaining the adapter I needed.
My Name is Charlie, but I am a female.
cbrannon86

Postby Toren » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:01 pm

I just confirmed with the maker of the hose that the piggyback adapter will only work with Puritan Bennett machines.
Toren

Heated Hose

Postby cbrannon86 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:54 am

I have a REMSTAR PLUS with C-FLEX and humidifier. When I went to Radioshack with the adaptors' part number and obtained the adaptor, I noted it was a simple adaptor used for an answering machine. I believe that I used the model number that you put in your post Toren.
My Name is Charlie, but I am a female.
cbrannon86

• Site Supporter

Return to CPAP Mask, Machine, & Monitoring Treatment Questions